16 June 2010

Twinkle Twinkle

One good piece of advice I was given:  "If you have to ask yourself if you love it, you don't."
(image credit unknown)

  I love that.  Now, if I ever ask myself, "Do I love that?"  It doesn't go home with me.  Watch how much less you will spend if you don't bring home things you just "like".
One thing there is no doubt I love:  star pendants.
isn't that the most romantic library ever?  (Vogue Living)


I love these so much I put some on our porch...



and one more in the entry!

these are star-ish and lovely and simple.





This was isn't a star either, but it is one of my favorite things in Angie Hranonosky's son's room.  (This is in the maybe list for inspiration for Liam's room, too)

this flush-mount star pendant makes the room
(by the way, if any reader ever knows the source of some of my uncredited pictures...please comment with the source!  thanks)

This one from House Beautiful really geared our direction for the renovation.  Can you imagine this den without this star?  I can't.

I think I put this lotus flower in our bath because I couldn't put ANOTHER star in the house....but it twinkles like a star in the sky...

these are so fun (from Pottery Barn)

let your light shine today....Julie

9 comments:

  1. great post! I love those two in the dining room image. and that modern-ish art on the wall...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Julie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for the warm welcome! It's nice to meet you. :) I love star pendants too and it's great that they're available in so many places now. Thanks again and I'll see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! I have one in my entrance hall and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice. Sometimes I see something and fall in love at first sight. Even if it's not ideal for my home, I'll find a way to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the lighting in your home, it was one of the first things I noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so true. Everything I have loved in my house I never regret, whether it was $1500 or $5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star shaped lamps are great! I have one which holds candles. It's romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the House Beautiful room with the striped floors has been one of my favorites since it came out. The yellow chair is so precious. I could really see it in a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star pendants! You love star pendants? Oh my oh my!!!! We are most definitely kindred spirits. I ADORE star pendants. I have yet to get one but I envision one in our master in our forever home.

    Psst! Give Mr. B a hint....I would love one someday. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete