12 June 2010

Before & After Inspiration


As with any renovation (unless you are loaded), improvements have to be made in stages. I really need to dig up the real "before" pics and do a good before & after post.  I will do that!  But, for now, just wanted to show you some beginning changes on the exterior of our 1978 ranch.

Yesterday we had our board & batten shutters put on.  We painted them Ben Moore's Rockport Gray.  I am really happy with them.  They add a little contrast and they are like the jewelry of the house!  What do you think?  (please don't mind that crazy Crepe Myrtle...we need to get rid of all those next)

here is the before...


and now!  Fun!  It is giving us the more cottage/barn look that we like.  The '70s were great, but we want to leave them where they belong.

Chris wants to add some shutter dogs & hinges, so we'll add them eventually.

One picture we showed our contractor (Professional Home Enhancements, by the way.  If you are in or near Atlanta, Frank Kratzr and his crew are the best!) is below....Lee K.'s former home.  She is the owner of Pieces, Inc. in Atlanta and so talented:

The Atlanta home she owned as featured in my beloved Cottage Living.

Oh, and speaking of Lee--how awesome was her spread in Lonny?  I think I need to take a peak at The Sovereign's model condo so I can see it in person:

I bet those Hermes blankets are definitely cashmere!

And this image is perfection for me.  I think this is the same piece that was lime green at one of her former homes.  I love the earthy mirror paired with those modern, warm lamps.  And this works so much because the console and wall color share the same tone.  It is warm and bright at the same time.  Beautiful simplicity!  Lee has such a clean aesthetic.  A walk in her Pieces store is like eye candy heaven.  She sections it into colors.  So cool.  Maybe I'll ask her for an interview sometime!
Happy Weekend...Julie

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the contrast. It looks very familiar to the colors we chose for our shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inspiration picture. It seems like you are on your way to having the cottage look you love. The shutters look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! I have loved reading all of your blogs!
    You have found your niche:) so proud of you and honored to be your friend.... love the shutters too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I have been dying to see the exterior of your house ever since I saw the inside!! Love it!! The shutters look great and you know I love your front door!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your house! great color choice.

    ReplyDelete