05 November 2010

This and That Friday (eye candy)

So glad it's Friday today.  Aren't you?

Here is a little treat from Denmark.  One of my favorite blogs in the world, Sanctuary, posted this sweet and colorful kitchen the other day.  Do you not love the blue & green, the square tiles, and the rusticness?  (coined a word there)





I can't get over how much my aesthetic is born from all things from Sweden and Denmark (and that is my heritage...I mean, generations ago)  I know I will always love white.


On another note, yesterday I was receiving an abundance of emails.  Now I know why.

Those little Homegoods scouts must be sneaky.  They didn't tell me they were going to use this blog to help advertise their lamps.  Hope I can help....I do love Homegoods  

(feel free to contact me for my address so you can share the love, HG.  Just kidding...kind of)





Thanks to Sherry for sending me the link!  Y'all have to see her blog...and her work.  (Here is her bathroom below:)



Next, Anisa wishes to sell her table and chairs seen here.  (White round table & four woven chairs with white cushions, $400)







Lastly, I am trying to locate the wallpaper on the bottom left.  Can anyone help?  It it silver mylar with the cream graphic.  (Here is Frank Keenan from Cottage Living--Fran, if you or your friends may happen to see this post, I would love to interview you, too!  We love your style.  I can't find you...I've tried)


Have a great weekend!!!  Julie & Anisa

17 comments:

  1. Hey Julie - I love Sanctuary! The posts over the summer on Copenhagen had me drooling! Another great post. Thank god it is Friday too!!! Have a great weekend. Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH beautiful room! I love those turquoise bowls on the table. People sure are watching when you don't know right!

    And there is that birch wallpaper again! I just love it. One of my faves... Sorry lots of random thoughts...

    Have a great weekend!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birch bathroom and Anise's home! Wow, does she have a blog? Congrats on HG! How funny! Have a great w/e, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much good stuff! thanks for the Sanctuary link. sooo cool about the HomeGoods ad. And that bathroom by Sherry? awesome!

    you're rocking it right now, gal.

    have a great weekend! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bathroom and Anise's home. Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to Sanctuary- off to check it out. Sherry's bathroom is so pretty- love those trees. Anisa's home is gorgeous and I love the wallpaper. I'm of no help though:( I only recognize the Broadhurst paper on ther right. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. our bedroom is painted white, walls, floors, all of it. Many people comment on how it looks scandinavian...I love how fresh it feels compared to the other rooms in our house which are very dark - 160 yr old wood paneling throughout, it's an old hunting lodge built in the 1800s. Beautiful bowls and cutting boards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Homegoods lamps...the only bad part is the word is getting out and now sometimes the shelves are nearly empty!! :)
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see more of Anisa's place, looks so pretty! I'm soooo glad it's friday, it's been a horrible week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the more and more i see wicker chairs, the more i love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wish fran would come out of hiding too!! have you searched that paper using the term "flocked wallpaper"?? might help?? it is gorgeous. i love anisa's family room..would she please tell us where she got the lights over the pictures in the large white mats??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sneak peek of Anisa's house...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love Anisa's house...what I can see of it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's kind of cool about HG. I agree - it's a fab store. In Canada we have HomeSense which is equally as awesome. Really liking the crystal chandelier in the kitchen. Sparkle, sparkle!
    -Jordana

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right, Danish design is definitely great. Have you seen the enamel signs at http://www.ramsign.com ? They are Danish and they are SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS, Lindsay B might know how to reach Fran, I'm pretty sure she's still in town ...

    ReplyDelete