10 July 2010

Date with this cutie...& more....

It is a fun week to be a design-lover here in Atlanta!  Yes, well I kinda have a "date" with this doll tomorrow...

...but I am paying for it!

He is doing a workshop tomorrow at Scott Antique Market.  I can wait to meet him, shop with him and Jaithan, and to soak it all in like a sponge!  As a beginning decorator, I want to surround myself with as many creative people, inspiring environments, and successful designers as possible.  I can't wait to share the fun with y'all!  I promise lots of pictures.







(Eddie for ELLE DECOR, his winning design for Bloomingdale's Window Contest)

Then, when I get back, our friends Brad and Colleen, who are also superb photographers, are taking some "real" photos of our home.  I look forward to sharing those as well.  You have only seen pictures mostly from my camera phone, and I am no expert on cameras or lighting.  I can't wait to see how they come out!  Crosby-Twiss Photography 

Then, on the 15th, I am honored to be able to go to a meet and greet with two of the country's best!

Suzanne Kasler will be signing her book, Inspired Interiors, as well as launching her new line with Ballard Designs...I can't wait!






one of Kasler's infamous kitchen designs, via Southern Accents magazine, via My Notting Hill 

Then, on the same night (I hope I can keep up!) I am going to a meet-and-greet with Jonathan Adler at Lee Kleinfelter's store, Pieces Inc. 



the designer and potter (he will have personalized pots at the event!) via Apartment Therapy 
(mind you, I was not personally invited...a kind fellow blogger has sweetly added me to her RSVP)




(one of Adler's designs, via Martha Stewart Living 

Also, this week I'll post more of our kitchen renovation.  Hope you're having a great weekend!  Oh, and Zooey was the best! 


the band She & Him (Zooey & M. Ward)
 It poured on us...but rain just makes it more romantic, no?  We stayed at Atlanta's W Hotel Midtown....pics to come (not impressed with their decor...I felt they were trying too hard, you know?)

Also, I am beyond flattered and grateful to Kirsten Simply Grove , Jennifer Newlywed Diaries and Jesse Good Girl Gone Glad   That is so sweet of you to feature our home...

Enjoy the day!  Julie

Oh, one more thing...a CSN giveaway coming soon

10 comments:

  1. lucky you!!!! i'm green with envy. oh well, i know you'll post lots of pics so we can live vicariously through you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, lots of snaps, please! I tried to fit the Scott's trip with Eddie in but just couldn't work it out. Bummer dude. So glad you can go - I will live thru you! and the rest is awesome, too, lucky girl.

    We want all the details, too. That JA is my man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have so much fun!!!i heart eddie and jaithan. they are a BLAST to hang out with. tell them hello for me! can't wait for your recap:)

    xo,

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky duck! Have so much fun and let us all know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun and can't wait to hear about your "date"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girl for the mention, you and your gorgeous home are more than feature worthy! =) Can't wait to hear how your date goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have made it down to Atlanta for Eddie's Scotts' tour. Maybe next time. Have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woa! So envious...I wish Iived in Atlanta! That is awesome and I can't wait to hear all the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like someone is going to have some F U N !!! Now you're making me miss my Atlanta days. Can't wait to see your post on it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've got a busy week ahead! Have a great time with everything. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete